This novel comes after after his 4 earlier novels namely:
- Five Point Someone
- One night @ the Call Center
- The 3 Mistakes of My Life
- 2 States: The Story of My Marriage
But there is something that comes out from his novels. And that is Chetan Bhagat's religious side, which he seems to hide or mask in a very simple way. And its a possibility he has firm belief in Numerology too! Are you a Chetan Bhagat fan? If yes have you ever wondered about this?
Lets analyze the title of his books... all of them contain a number don't they. Also, did you ever wonder the similarity in the names of the Lead Characters of his novels? I'll repeat them for your reference-
- Five Point Someone : Hari
- One night @ the Call Center: Shyam
- The 3 Mistakes of My Life: Govind
- 2 States: The Story of My Marriage: Krish
- Revolution 2020: Love, Corruption, Ambition: Gopal, Raghav
I had noticed it in 2006 when I read his second novel and shared my thoughts with a few of my friends. However, this is the first time I am sharing this publicly.
Other things common about his novels are:
- A romantic love story
- They contain one 'Sex scene'
- They are cheaper compared to other novels Rs. 95/- only.
- It indirectly targets graduating or fresh graduates.
There were other things which I had noticed but unfortunately I am not able to recall at this instant. Will update this or post another article as and when I remember.
If you notice something... you are welcome to share your views too.
However, I will say please don't waste your time in his novels. You can enjoy the following instead:
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Present by Spencer Johnson
- Who moved my cheese by Spencer Johnson
- The Monk who sold his Ferrari by Robin Sharma
- Chicken soup for the Soul
- Success is Never ending Failure is never Final by Robert H Schuller
- The World's Grestest Comebacks by Robert Anthony Schuller.